Frequently Asked Questions
If I sign up for a free trial, will you make it difficult for us to opt out when the trial period is over?
Absolutely not. We think you'll love our site and the resources, but once your trial is over you'll have to opt in to a subscription.
Once you have my email address, will you sell my details / spam me with pointless emails / try and sell me a timeshare in Spain?
No. No tricks here. You'll get emails with useful tips throughout your trial, and weekly SMSC updates. You can opt out of these at any time. We'll never sell your details, and we don't own any timeshares. You get enough junk mail. We won't add to it.
Isn't £399 too cheap? Does that reflect on the quality of the site?
School budgets are tight.
£399 is roughly the cost of 2 day's supply, or to put it another way, it works out at around £2 per day to get resources for the whole school for the whole year.
Whilst we are a business, we are also teachers, trying to help reduce workload and improve wellbeing for other teachers. You'll get 28 days to trial the resources before committing anyway, so you can judge the quality for yourself.
Are there any hidden costs?
No. (Although if you choose to print the workbooks, then you'll have to budget for that. We've got a condensed version of the booklet to keep costs to a minimum. It's roughly 4 sheets of A4 per student each half term. That's it.)
We already have SMSC PowerPoints that we've bought into - why should we swap?
Think back to the last training day you enjoyed. Did it involve someone reading a PowerPoint aloud to you? We doubt it.
Our SMSC resources are either activities or videos (usually TED talks, never from YouTube).
We believe tutors have more important things to do for their tutees than clicking through a powerpoint.
Where does your Word of the Day come from?
We made it. Having looked everywhere for a WOTD feed that was suitable for students, we concluded that none exist. The ones we found had words like 'crepuscular' and 'verisimilitude', and that just seemed silly to put in front of teenagers who already have their own language half the time (like when bae starts throwing shade at your fam coz she's salty you've been playing Fortnite.)
How do I persuade my line manager to pay for this?
It's a no-brainer, but on the off-chance your line manager doesn't have one, show them the site, invite them to talk to students, get them involved in the debate topic, etc. We'll give you some tips and tools during your trial to help you out with this.
Have you ever found yourself watching Newsround for the third day in a row, because there's nothing else available? Do you find there's no time to get all the admin done, because you're busy managing behaviour, or leading activities, or listening to stroppy teenagers complaining they're bored...?
Banish the boredom by using our ready-to-go activities, and never face an SMSC powerpoint again.
All our resources are designed to be completed independently - they should all be able to run without you. (You have way too much to do already!)
That said, if you'd like to get involved, I'm sure your tutees would love to know your ideal superpower, or debate with you whether school uniforms should be banned...
We don't put on any activities we wouldn't be happy doing ourselves (and yes, we've got over 30 years form-tutoring experience between us.)
Don't waste your valuable time planning activities - our fully resourced, ready-to-go solution for form time will leave you more time for everything else.
- Enable your tutors to build better relationships with students. The better they know their tutees, the quicker they can pick up on problems - that means less of the drama ends up at the year office.
- Simple to implement - all tutors have to do is open the site, and a set of activities are waiting. We can even send out a weekly email with tips for the next SMSC topic for you.
- Get consistency across the entire school, so that any 'visitors' walking into form time will see a clearly embedded approach to SMSC, British values, literacy and numeracy in every single tutor group.
- Use the (optional) free pdf workbook, condensed for low printing costs *, to evidence your provision. That means even if Ofsted are visiting on a 'literacy' day, they'll be able to see what's been done in SMSC each week in the booklets. You know it's what they want to see, so make it easy for them to find!
* current workbook is only 4 sheets of A4 per student per half term.
- FormTimeSorted activities help build key skills for the double-weighted English and Maths GCSEs.
- A subscription works out at just £2 a day for the entire school. Altogether, it's less than the cost of a day's supply.
Keep both tutors and tutees happy with engaging activities for every morning (and never have to worry about what they're doing again!)
See How Much You Could Save
Choose a teacher role and enter the number of minutes spent planning per week to see how much you could save.
You could save £ per year
But more importantly, you could save yourself hours of your precious time.
How did we calculate this?
£199 (a year's subscription to FormTimeSorted) in teacher hours =
minutes planning x 39 weeks = hours
Total cost of resourcing form time = £